Presenting with Good Taste!
By bridging sensory science with nutrition, Annette goes deeply beyond the surface of conventional nutrition and thinking. If your organization is looking for an interactive, dynamic speaker who can speak to food and nutrition with passion, energy and humor, look no further. Annette Hottenstein is a well regarded speaker, with 15 years of experience presenting at conferences and for corporate clients. She is available to speak on topics such as food appreciation, health and wellness, nutrition, and sensory evaluation.
- Lunch & Learn Series
- Food Appreciation Demonstrations
- Health Fair Exhibits
Who are they for?
- Professional Meetings and Conventions
- Corporations, Organizations, Schools
- Registered Dietitians
- Wellness Professionals
- Doctors, Nurses and Medical Societies
“I would rate Annette Hottenstein as one of the best speakers I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with. Her passionate delivery on “Sensory Science” kept the audience engaged throughout the session.” – Sonal Patel MS RD LDN, President, Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Choose from some of these popular seminars and workshop topics or have a presentation tailored specifically for you:
- Making Sense of Sensory Evaluation: Leverage the 5 Senses to Tastefully Transform your Practice
- Become a ‘Fruit and Veggie’ Sommelier – an introduction to produce appreciation
- The Physiology of the Senses and Taste Genetics
- Leafy Green Vegetable Appreciation
- Virtual Grocery Store and Understanding Food Labels
- Vegetarian Diets 101
- Sugar: White, Sweet and Deadly Delicious
- All about Nutrition
- Have a Healthy Holiday
- Sensational Smoothies and Juices
- Corporate Wellness 12 Week Lecture Series
Annette’s professional mindset, corporate background, and elite presentation style mixed with her wealth of nutritional knowledge is a true recipe for success! – Joan Hovatter, MS, RN, CANP, CCM, Health & Wellness Manager & Shelbie Fry, MS, RN, Wellness Nurse, McCormick and Company, Inc.
- The Role of Sensory Systems in Sustaining Healthy Nutrition. Sports, Cardiovascular & Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Annual Symposium, Portland Oregon, April 2016.
- Helping Food & Nutrition Professionals Harness the Power of the Five Senses. Virginia Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 2016.
Previous Presentations Include:
- Become a “Food Sommelier”: Enhancing health through the appreciation of nutritious whole foods. McCormick & Company, Inc. August 2015
- Sense and Senescence: A Coming of Age Party for the Senses. Texas Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2015 Food & Nutrition Conference & Exhibition, Houston, TX. April 2015.
- Taste, Smell, Cook! Changing the Paradigm for Weight Management. 2015 Weight Management DPG Symposium. Portland, Oregon. April 2015.
- Sensory Science Applications for Food Service. Online Webinar. December 2014.
- Focus Groups for Product Development, Food Seminars International, December 2014.
- Healthy Eating Lunch and Learn (on behalf of the MD Diabetes Association). T. Rowe Price, Baltimore, MD, November 2014.
- Diabetes Nutrition (on behalf of the MD Diabetes Association). The House of Ruth, Baltimore, MD, October 2014.
- Virtual Grocery Store Tour. McCormick & Company, Hunt Valley, MD. September 2014
- Sensory Science 101: Harness the Power of the 5 Senses. The Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, Linthicum Heights, MD. April 2014.
- The Physiology of the Senses and Taste Genetics. Online Webinar, April 2014.
- Become a ‘Fruit and Veggie’ Sommelier : An introduction to descriptive evaluation and it’s use for produce appreciation. Online Webinar, May 2014.
- All About Nutrition. Mahan Riekel Associates, Baltimore, MD. April, 2014.
- Have a Health Holiday @ McCormick & Company, Hunt Valley, MD. December 2013
- Flavor, the Missing Link to Health Eating @ McCormick and Company Flavor University, Hunt Valley, MD. November 2013.
- Diabetes Nutrition (on behalf of the MD Diabetes Association). The House of Ruth, Baltimore, MD, October 2013.
- Healthy Eating and Diabetes. Presented to The University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD. November, 2012.
- Focused Guidance Groups: A Qualitative/Quantitative Approach for Product Development Guidance. Presented to the Society of Sensory Professionals Annual Meeting, Napa, CA, October 2010.
- Preference Segments: Preference segments: A deeper understanding of consumer acceptance or a serving order effect? Presented to the 7th Pangborn Sensory Science Symposium, Minneapolis, MN, August 2007.